TxDOT will close various portions of east- and westbound State Highway 183 (SH 183) nightly from Thursday, April 21 to Sunday, April 24, weather permitting.
Westbound SH 183 will fully close, from State Highway 114 (SH 114) to Loop 12:
- From Thursday, April 21 at 10 p.m. to Friday, April 22 at 5 a.m.
- From Friday, April 22 at 10 p.m. to Saturday, April 23 at 5 a.m.
Eastbound SH 183 will fully close from Tucasa Drive to Grauwyler Road:
- Friday, April 22 from midnight to 5 a.m.
- Saturday, April 23 from midnight to 7 a.m.
- Sunday, April 24 from midnight to 8 a.m.
Drivers should follow detour routes and plan ahead for extra travel time; or seek alternate routes.
This work is part of the ongoing $301 million Irving Interchange project that will reconstruct the interchanges at SH 183, SH 114, Loop 12 and Spur 482. The project is anticipated to complete in mid-2023, weather permitting.
TxDOT is urging motorists to use caution in the work zone. Visit www.DriveTexas.org for the latest road closures on this project and others.