Irving Traffic and Transportation Department’s Streets Division will begin Year Five of the Road to the Future Summer Overlay Project, with improvements scheduled on 21 roadways across the city. The targeted roadways range from major corridors such as Belt Line Road to residential streets. Typically, this work begins in May, close to when the school year ends, running throughout the summer.
The milling and overlay process involves multiple crews. First, a milling crew removes existing asphalt down to a street’s base. Then an asphalt crew follows behind, laying and paving new asphalt. The process can be completed in a few weeks, weather permitting.
The following streets are included in this year’s Summer Overlay Project:
- O’Connor Road from Rock Island Road to Sixth Street
- Sixth Street from MacArthur Boulevard to Senter Street
- Country Club Drive from Cheyenne Street to Belt Line Road
- Kinwest Parkway from Royal Lane to Regent Boulevard
- Kinwest Parkway from Regent Boulevard to Mustang Pass Parkway
- Market Place Boulevard from MacArthur Boulevard to Olympus Boulevard
- Santa Fe Trail to the end of the road
- Walnut Hill Lane from Belt Line Road to State Highway (SH) 161
- Winslow Street from Harvard Street to Witton Street
- Witton Street from Finley Road to Posey Drive
- Dewitt Street from McCarthy Street to Cartwright Street
- Posey Drive from Dewitt Street to Harvard Street
- Belt Line Road from Valley View Lane to Gateway Drive
- Premier Drive from Belt Line Road to Shorthorn Drive
- Belt Line Road from SH 183 to Walnut Hill Lane
- Irving Heights Drive from Carl Road to Grauwyler Road
- Country Club Court from Country Club West to end of road
- East Seventh Street from Senter Road to Delaware Street
- Hadrain Street from MacArthur Boulevard to Gloucester Street
- Estrada Parkway from Pioneer Drive to SH 183
- Compton Avenue from Pioneer Drive to Conflans Road
- Esters Road from Royal Lane to end of road
Drivers are reminded to drive slowly, stay alert and look out for workers, pedestrians and other drivers. Do not text and drive, and be patient when driving in work zones.
Additional streets may be added to this list throughout the summer.