Through Friday, Sept. 30, TxDOT will close the eastbound State Highway (SH) 183 frontage road, from Carl Road to Loop 12, nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for work related to the Irving Interchange project. Additional work will close the connector from SH 183 to Loop 12 on Saturday, as well as a closure of westbound SH 183 on Monday night.
- Through Friday, Sept. 30: The eastbound SH 183 frontage road, from Carl Road to Loop 12, will be closed overnight daily, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Motorists will detour south on Carl
Road, then head east on Grauwyler Road. View detour map.
- Saturday, Oct. 1: The direct connector from eastbound SH 183 to northbound Loop 12 will be closed 9 p.m. to 8 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 2. Traffic will be detoured to the e3astbound SH 183 frontage road to the southbound Loop 12 frontage road. Traffic will U-turn at Union Bower Road, where it can enter northbound Loop 12.
- Monday, Oct. 3: Westbound SH 183 main and express lanes, from Regal Ridge Parkway to Peters Road, will be closed 10 p.m. Monday, Oct. 3 through 5 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 4. View detour map.
- The westbound SH 183 Carl Road exit and the Spur 482 direct connector to westbound SH 183 will be closed 8 p.m., Monday, Oct. 3 through 5 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 4.
- The direct connectors from eastbound SH 183 express lanes to northbound Loop 12 express, and the southbound Loop 12 to westbound SH 183 will be closed 8 p.m., Monday, Oct. 3 through 5 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 4.
Motorists are advised to expect long traffic delays and should seek alternate routes when possible.
IRVING INTERCHANGE PROJECT
This work is part of the ongoing $301 million Irving Interchange project that will reconstruct the interchanges at SH 183, SH 114, Loop 12 and Spur 482. The project is anticipated to complete in mid-2023, weather permitting. TxDOT is urging motorists to use caution in the work zone. Visit DriveTexas.org for the latest road closures on this project and others.