On May 25, 2023, in the afternoon, an aggressive driver crashed into divider between the regular and express lanes on westbound SH 114 between Walnut Hill Ln and MacArthur Blvd.
Irving Police reported that there were no major injuries.
The State of Texas defines aggressive driving as "any unsafe behavior performed purposely with ill intent or disregard for safety that puts other drivers or property at risk".
Witnesses to the accident on SH 114 describe the driver as being careless and aggressive while trying to get around cars.
The Texas Department of Transportation offers the following tips to avoid aggressive driving:
- Stay calm and keep your emotions in check.
- Plan ahead and anticipate delays.
- Focus on your own driving. Be cautious and considerate.
- Avoid creating a situation that may cause provocation.
- Give angry drivers plenty of room.
- Avoid eye contact.
- Use the left lane only when passing.
- Use your horn sparingly.
- Don't tailgate or flash your lights behind someone.
- Don't yell obscenities, respond to aggressive drivers, or make inappropriate hand gestures.
- If you're concerned for your safety, call 911.