Name: Warehouse Associate-Selector
Responsible for accurate and efficient selection of product, and proper preparation for shipment.
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere preferred. Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.) preferred.
· Pick up proper selecting documents prior to order selection process.
· Select and separate product by account and stop number as designated by the computer generated label.
· Match product description with label description. Build pallet according to customer guidelines. Maintain production standards, while minimizing errors.
· Transport, via stand-up electric pallet jack, the completed orders to appropriate staging area.
· Return completed selecting documents to proper collection site per Shipping Department specifications.
· Other duties and special projects as requested.
· Must maintain good attendance.
· Maintain safe work practices.
· Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
Ability to communicate well with internal customers and management. Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed. Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The associate is required to sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.