Three scholarship awards will benefit collegiate students wishing to further and advance their education, whether they are in recovery and/or pursuing careers in the mental and behavioral health fields.
“We offer these collegiate scholarships with the desire to assist individuals who are working to further their education. Helping collegiates specifically in recovery from addiction and/or specifically wanting to pursue a degree in these important fields aligns with Santé’s core values,” says COO Sam Slaton, M.Ed., LPC-S, MBA, MHSM. “Providing assistance to those entering this field is a privilege.”
The award amount for each is $500 and recognizes three of Santé’s legacy makers:
- The Rip Corley & Santé Center for Healing Scholarship in memory of Santé’s co-founder Rip Corley, LMSW, RN. This will go to an individual in recovery (2 year minimum) from addiction who has completed at least one year in college and pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited college and/or university.
- The Dr. Deb Corley & Santé Center for Healing Scholarship in honor of Santé’s co-founder/co-owner Dr. Deb Corley, PhD, LMFT, LCDC, LSOTP, CSAT, CMAT. This will go to an individual pursuing a graduate degree towards work in the mental and behavioral health field.
- The Dennis Wade & Santé Center for Healing Scholarship in celebration of Santé’s CEO Dennis Wade, MS, FACHE 22 years of leadership. This will go to an individual pursuing a graduate degree towards health care management.
Submission and Award Details
- Submission period: September 13, 2021 – December 6, 2021
- Award Announcement: December 10, 2021
- Award Date: December 21, 2021
In 2019, 61.2 million Americans had a mental illness and/or substance use disorder – an increase of 5.9% over 2018 composed entirely of increases in mental illness.¹ It is vital to have qualified individuals in the fields of mental and behavioral health and health care management.
For more scholarship insights and eligibility requirements, click here.
About Santé Center for Healing
Santé Center for Healing provides integrity-driven, evidence-based, and personalized long-term recovery customized for those suffering from substance use disorders, mental health, trauma, problematic sexual behavior, disordered eating, and other compulsive behaviors. Founded in 1996, Santé is proud to be celebrating 25 years of service in 2021.