Irving, Texas. September 19, 2012 –
October 1st will mark the completion of a major milestone for a prominent local business, ADT, which will officially separate from its parent company Tyco International to become a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
ADT's Call Monitoring Center in Irving is one of six wholly owned and operated and fully redundant monitoring centers across North America that together handle more than 25 million alarm signals each year.
The company plans to add 150 new jobs in Irving by late November.
- In Irving, TX, ADT has more than 1,000 employees at its Call Monitoring Center and Sales and Service Office.
- ADT is the leader in the electronic security, automation and alarm monitoring services industry in the U.S. and Canada.
- ADT is a quality, long-term, local American employer. Currently ADT has more than 16,000 North American workers who are committed to their work because they believe they have a noble cause – they help save lives for a living. Employees have an average tenure of 7 years – and ADT technicians are with the company for an average of 13 years. It is not unusual to meet employees who have been with ADT for 20 or 30 years.
- ADT operates in 200 locations across the U.S. and Canada and maintains the largest sales, installation and service field force in the security industry.
- ADT currently serves one-fourth of the 12.5 billion North American residential and small-business market (6.4 million customers), seven times the size of its closest competitor. In addition, just one in five U.S. households has a monitored security system today, leaving significant scope for ADT to expand.
- ADT is the nation's most recognized security company. It has a face-to-face approach to customize security solutions for each customer's needs - and does not outsource its monitoring services.
More news from Irving Weekly:
No comments yet.