Irving’s parks and trails provide residents and visitors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and stay active. To help ensure everyone has a pleasant experience, Irving Parks and Recreation reminds residents that motorized vehicles are not allowed in parks and trails. This includes ATVs, RTVs, and motorized bikes/scooters. Also, skateboards are only allowed at Lively Skate Park, 909 N. O'Connor Road.
Anyone found violating the above-mentioned rules may face a fine of up to $500.
When it comes to using the trails and other paved paths, remember to be kind, and share space. Also, please keep in mind of the following:
- Walkers always have the right-of-way.
- Exercise caution at all times. Go slow.
- Keep to the right; pass on the left. Announce "Passing on left" to other patrons.
- No more than two persons side-by-side.
- Step off the trail to stop.
- Always listen for approaching traffic.
- At dark, remember to wear reflective clothing and lights.
- Keep pets on a short leash.
- Walk pets on the outside of the trail.
- Remove pet waste.