Grapevine Police are investigating a safety concern reported to officers involving a student at Dove Elementary.
A child was walking home from school on the afternoon of Tuesday, February 14, 2023, when the child says a man drove up next to him and yelled for the boy to get in his car. The boy was able to run away and make it home safely.
The boy was able to describe the man’s vehicle as a black Jeep or SUV with an empty (spare tire) tire rack on the back. Officers searched the area but did not locate the vehicle. Anyone who sees a vehicle near Dove Elementary matching this description is asked to call Grapevine Police immediately.
Grapevine Police are working with school officials and will be increasing uniformed patrols before and after school, so the public may notice a heightened police presence around campuses. Parents are also encouraged to talk with students about safety and stranger danger.
• Do not hesitate to run away from a situation where you feel unsafe
• Stay aware of your surroundings
• If you think a car is following you, run away
• Always tell a trusted adult what happened
• Make a list of safe places you can run to along your route home