Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has extended the Discount GoPass Tap Card pilot program through December 31, 2022. The program provides riders using any one of nine support assistance programs with a 50% discount on the regular price of a DART pass.
DART launched the pilot-program to ensure riders who qualify have access to jobs, health care and educational opportunities, reducing social and economic inequalities by making mobility financially feasible to more people.
All new and current DART riders who participate in any of the following programs are now eligible for DART services at half the fare:
- CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program),
- TANF (Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families),
- CEAP (Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program),
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program),
- Housing Choice Vouchers,
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas program,
- Texas WIC (Texas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children).
Registration is available at DART.org/TapForHalf, at the DARTmart store at DART Headquarters (1401 Pacific Avenue, Dallas, TX 75202), or by calling 972-482-6491. Participants who are renewing their discount must visit the DARTmart store. Discount Tap Cards can be used on any DART bus or light rail, including the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Station.