With the summer heat, residents are encouraged to visit WaterMyYard.org to receive timely and specific weekly information about how much irrigation is needed to supplement precipitation for a healthy landscape.
The City of Irving’s ongoing water conservation plan calls for year-round efficient irrigation measures.
- Use of free-flowing hoses is prohibited; hoses must have a positive shutoff nozzle and be under the control of a person when in use.
- No irrigation on Monday, Thursday and Friday.
- Private property leaks must be repaired in a timely manner.
- No irrigation is allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. any day from April 1-Oct. 31.
- Register online or call (972) 721-2281 for a free irrigation system checkup by a licensed irrigator.
All residents and businesses are limited to irrigating only twice-per-week, according to address:
- Even numbered addresses (those ending in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) may water on Tuesday and Saturday.
- Odd numbered addresses (those ending in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may water on Wednesday and Sunday.
Drought restrictions/irrigation guidelines are available at CityofIrving.org/WaterUtilities, as well as tips on ways to conserve water and instructions for requesting an irrigation variance for newly installed plantings. All water conservation elements and irrigation ordinance limits will be enforced. For more information, visit CityofIrving.org/WaterUtilities.