The City of Irving is celebrating Acts of Friendship throughout the month of July, culminating with International Friendship Day on July 30. Community members can participate in a variety of ways, including:
- Open the door for others.
- Compliment people when you are in public.
- Wave and smile at people.
- Send a hand written note to a friend, co-worker, neighbor or anyone who may need a kind gesture.
- Take a friend out to eat and pay.
- Offer to cook for a friend.
- Help a neighbor with yardwork, especially if they are having difficulty doing it themselves.
- Call a friend to say hi and ask how they are doing.
- Send a small gift to friends to let them know you care.
- Say "please" and "thank you" when appropriate.
Celebrating Acts of Friendship Month is a City of Irving Diversity and Inclusion Committee initiative.