Irving firefighters responded to an ammonia leak at 211 Cowboys Pkwy in the Valley Ranch area on Tuesday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. The Children's Health StarCenter is located at that address.
The Irving Fire Department acted quickly and arrived 7 minutes after getting the call on the leak.
By 4:40 p.m. the Irving Fire Department said, “The building has now been cleared for reentry. The incident has been brought to a close.”
Approximately 100 people had to be evacuated from the building for their safety.
One person was checked by paramedics but was not taken to a hospital, the fire department said.
No injuries to civilians or first responders have been reported.