Level Orange Ozone Action Days have been declared from Wednesday, Sept. 21 to Saturday, Sept. 24 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. On Ozone Action Days, help out the environment by implementing clean air strategies.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Work from home, if possible
- Conserve electricity
- Conserve water
- Bicycle or walk when you must go to the store
- Drive the most fuel-efficient vehicle when driving is necessary
- Reduce idling when you must drive
- Maintain consistent driving speed by avoiding quick accelerations and hard braking when you must drive
- Plan the most fuel-efficient route and combine trips when you must drive
Children, older adults and people with lung disease, such as asthma, emphysema or chronic bronchitis, should limit outdoor activity when Level Orange is reached. If ozone reaches Level Red, children, older adults and people with lung disease, such as asthma, emphysema, or chronic bronchitis, should avoid outdoor activity, and everyone should limit prolonged outdoor exertion at that time.