On Oct. 6 and Oct. 7 during overnight hours, TxDOT work on the Irving Interchange project will affect Irving motorists using Grauwyler Road, Loop 12 and State Highway (SH) 183, as well as frontage roads:
THURSDAY, OCT. 6 TO FRIDAY, OCT. 7
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The northbound Loop 12 frontage road will be closed from Grauwyler Road to the SH 183 eastbound frontage road for paving work. In addition, the exit ramp from northbound Loop 12 to SH 183 eastbound frontage road will be closed.
- 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Grauwyler Road will be closed under the Loop 12 main lanes for beam set work. The right lane of eastbound Grauwyler will remain open until 12:30 a.m. to allow motorists access to the southbound Loop 12 frontage road. After 12:30 a.m., motorists will be detoured along Darr Street.
FRIDAY, OCT. 7 TO SATURDAY, OCT. 8
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The westbound SH 183 Carl Road exit and the Spur 482 direct connector to westbound SH 183 will be closed for beam set work.
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The direct connectors from eastbound SH 183 express lanes to northbound Loop 12 express, and the southbound Loop 12 to westbound SH 183 will be closed for beam set work.
- 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.: Westbound SH 183 main and express lanes, from Regal Ridge Parkway to Peters Road, will be closed for beam set work. View detour map.
Motorists are advised to expect long traffic delays and should seek alternate routes when possible.
IRVING INTERCHANGE PROJECT
This work is part of the ongoing $301 million Irving Interchange project that will reconstruct the interchanges at SH 183, SH 114, Loop 12 and Spur 482. The project is anticipated to complete in mid-2023, weather permitting. TxDOT is urging motorists to use caution in the work zone. Visit DriveTexas.org for the latest road closures on this project and others.