During overnight hours, TxDOT work on the Irving Interchange project through Oct. 15 will affect Irving motorists using Grauwyler Road, Loop 12 and State Highways (SH) 183 and 114, as well as frontage roads:
MONDAY, OCT. 10 TO SATURDAY, OCT. 15, NIGHTLY
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The eastbound SH 183 frontage road will be closed between Carl Road and Loop 12.
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The main and express lanes of eastbound SH 183 frontage road will be closed from Loop 12 to Grauwyler Road. Motorists will detour to the frontage road starting at Maryland Drive.
TUESDAY, OCT. 11 TO SATURDAY, OCT. 15, NIGHTLY
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Grauwyler Road will be closed under Loop 12.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12 TO FRIDAY, OCT. 14, NIGHTLY
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The northbound Loop 12 off-ramp to westbound SH 114 will be closed.
FRIDAY, OCT. 14 TO SATURDAY, OCT. 15
- 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The eastbound SH 183 off-ramp to Maryland Drive will be closed.
Signed detours will be in place. Motorists are advised to expect long traffic delays and seek alternate routes when possible.
IRVING INTERCHANGE PROJECT
This work is part of the ongoing $301 million Irving Interchange project that will reconstruct the interchanges at SH 183, SH 114, Loop 12 and Spur 482. The project is anticipated to complete in mid-2023, weather permitting. TxDOT is urging motorists to use caution in the work zone. Visit DriveTexas.org for the latest road closures on this project and others.