The City of Irving, Irving Fire Department, Irving Schools Foundation and several other organizations are teaming up for the annual "Supplies for Success Drive," running June 12 through July 21. For the past 17 years, the drive has collected and distributed school supplies to Irving Independent School District students from low-income families.
New supplies needed include:
- Backpacks (no wheels)
- Index cards (3x5 inch)
- Plastic folders with brads and two pockets (yellow, red, green, blue and purple)
- Notebook paper (wide and college ruled)
- Composition books
- Washable markers (8 count)
- Colored pencils (12 count)
- Dry erase markers
- Erasers (large, bevel)
- Pencil box or nylon pouch
- Rulers (standard and metric)
- Small scissors
- Glue sticks
Organizers say backpacks are the most requested item, but students need an array of supplies from folders to colored pencils.
Donations can be dropped off at any Irving fire station:
- Fire Station # 1 - 925 Chamberlain St.
- Fire Station # 2 - 1306 N. Story Road
- Fire Station # 3 - 1825 E. Grauwyler Road
- Fire Station # 4 - 800 Metker St.
- Fire Station # 5 - 2925 W. Shady Grove
- Fire Station # 6 - 2801 Esters Road
- Fire Station # 7 - 3303 W. Walnut Hill Lane
- Fire Station # 8 - 650 E. Las Colinas Blvd.
- Fire Station # 9 - 8101 Jetstar Drive
- Fire Station # 10 - 315 Cimarron Trail
- Fire Station # 11 - 6200 Love Drive
- Fire Station # 12 - 2995 Regent Blvd.
Financial donations are also accepted. Checks can be made payable to Irving Schools Foundation and mailed to the foundation at P.O. Box 152637, Irving, TX 75015. Donations also can be made online at IrvingSchoolsFoundation.org/Donation.
Families in need of supplies should contact their school directly. For more information about Supplies for Success, call (972) 721-4909.