(DALLAS) Oct. 30, 2014 – On Saturday, Nov. 8, Fish City Grill, a neighborhood seafood joint, will host its 5th annual Oyster Eating Contest to kick off Oysterfest and the 2014 oyster season. The event will be held at Fish City Grill in Las Colinas, 7750 North MacArthur, from noon to 5 p.m., with the eating contest starting at 3 p.m.
“We are excited to host our 5th annual Oysterfest and Oyster Eating Contest, which is a time of year we eagerly look forward to,” said Bill Bayne, chief executive officer and co-founder of Fish City Grill. “This year, we are partnering with Irving Cares, and all proceeds from the oyster eating contest will support the organization’s mission to provide essential services to Irving residents in need. We hope our loyal guests come out and support this great cause, as well as take part in a fun and festive afternoon.”
Oyster Eating Contest
The annual Oyster Eating Contest pits teams of four against one another for two minutes of oyster eating, with each team member slurping pre-shucked oysters for 30 seconds in a relay. Teams are required to pledge a minimum of $300, and all proceeds from the contest will be donated to Irving Cares. The winning team receives a cash prize of $1,000, a trophy and bragging rights, of course!
Contestants must submit their application by happy hour (5 p.m.) on Friday, Nov. 7 to Gje Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those restaurant goers not up for competitive slurping, and even for those who enjoy the “sport,” Fish City Grill customers can feast on featured oysters, available until Nov. 28 at all locations, including:
- Oyster Nachos – Fried oysters, chipotle tartar sauce, fresh pico de gallo.
- Oysters Rockefeller – A half dozen Gulf Coast oysters topped with spinach, smoked bacon, Pernod and parmesan.
- Black and Blue Oysters – A half dozen Gulf Coast oysters blackened and lightly fried, tossed in a tangy buffalo sauce and topped with creamy bleu cheese crumbles.
- Chargrilled oysters – Butter, lemon pepper seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Oysters on the Half Shell – The selection varies, from Fresh Gulf Oysters to East Coast Oysters from small farms. Ask your server for today’s selection.
- Thai Chili Oysters – A half dozen Panko crusted Gulf Coast Oysters topped with spicy & sweet Thai chili sauce.
- Oyster Po’boy – Toasted baguette, Creole mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles.
The restaurant will also be serving up drink specials and live music.
For more information about Fish City Grill or this year’s event, visit www.fishcitygrill.com.
About Fish City Grill
Fish City Grill is a neighborhood joint serving fresh seafood in a comfortable setting. Our tagline says it all, “Friendly Folks. Serious Seafood.” We're connected to and involved in our local communities and believe that a true neighborhood restaurant belongs to the people. Fish City Grill has 18 locations throughout Texas, Arkansas, Florida and Oklahoma. In an effort to tread lightly on the world, Fish City Grill is committed to fisheries and vendors that are environmentally conscious and fish legally from sustainable waters. Visit us at www.fishcitygrill.com.